Wednesday 20 October 2010

Pub news.

Things have been somewhat subdued in here of late since Di our ever so lovely soaker landlady announced she was moving on

However she still excels herself! Today was a prime example. I rolled up at the usual time (opening), Dad bought the wheelchair in and I settled down. Di,bought my beer round for me, gave me a peck on the cheek, then went to move the vacuum cleaner out of the way.

"We don't want you tripping up and breaking your neck, do we", she said. "Again", I replied. "God, I can't believe I just said that".

I burst out laughing!

Last weekend Di and her boyfriend went watch a kick-boxing tournament. During the interval she went to the loo and walked into the gents, followed by some enormous bloke, in full view of the crowd! Uproar!

6 comments:

Dumdad said...

Classic!

Karelian Blonde said...

Classic Di indeed *LOL*

Jayne said...

Absolute Classic Di! Is there hope for the poor wench yet or is it all lost?? LoL

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

hahaha Never a dull moment around Di.

Z said...

A greengrocer friend cut off part of his hand - he was using the rotavator on his garden and something got blocked and he tried to clear it without switching off (Normal for Norfolk isn't just a figure of speech) and that winter he complained that his hands got cold. His assistant recommended fingerless gloves. True, I promise.

Pat said...

We're all going to miss Di.