Wednesday 22 August 2012

Home news.

Dad picked me up from the pub this afternoon. He was looking down.

"Are you ok?", I asked. "I've had a disaster" he said. "Mum's wedding ring fell off my finger and went under the washing machine, but I can't get it".(He's worn her ring on his little finger since she died twelve years ago. It's his last link to her.)

I rang a mate of mine and he came over and after much scrabbling around under the machine Dad was re-united with the ring. The joy on his face was obvious. My mate wouldn't accept any payment.

He'll have a good few pints behind the bar tomorrow!

7 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

How great that you were able to help your Dad get that very meaningful ring back. That WAS a disaster averted, my dear John! Bravo to YOU and your friend! And I bet your Dad is so very relieved now.

Unknown said...

Naomi, he is!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Awww, that's sweet.

I've seen my mother get frantic over a lost thimble...my father had given it to her early in their marriage.

Karelian Blonde said...

Friends in need are friends indeed :)

Anonymous said...

KB: My old gran (silly old bat!) used to say "Friends in need are a pain in the a*se!"

Karmyn R said...

Yeah! That's a happy ending.

Pat said...

So glad:)
AsI told you mine disappeared in the bowels of Stockport - never to be seen again.