Friday 29 July 2011

Pub news.

I checked my wallet this morning. Their was a sufficient amount left to cover the lunchtime session.

Upon arriving at the pub, Paul, the piss-taking genial landlord brought my pint to my table. "I'll put that on yesterdays tab," he said, with a wry smile. No wonder there was plenty of dosh available, I'd innocently done a runner! In all fairness, he'd forgotten too and only realised when he couldn't shut the till down last night. At the end of my allotted time, I settled up, apologised and went home. I thought about the two-day bill and concluded......drink more!!!

I'm sure the 'Chairman' would agree. As would Paul!

6 comments:

Karelian Blonde said...

Good thinking mate ;)

Unknown said...

Thought you'd approve, KB!

Keith said...

I think you need a bank loan or a second mortgage to pay for the amount of ale you drink!

Dont worry, I wont tell a soul that your average daily beer bill is in three figures! £xxx, It's our little secret.

Pat said...

I have visions of the till shouting 'Don't shut me down - John hasn't paid'!

Unknown said...

Keith, it's only like that when i'm buying yours!

Unknown said...

Mum2, that's what happened!