Friday 3 October 2008

Pub news.

In my never-ending crusade to bring you news from the front line one has to make certain sacrifices. It's rather like being in a war zone, the attacks are constant, and last about three hours until Dad picks me up!

My efforts have been noted by my Scotchish friend Mr. Farty, and my Parisian friend Dumdad and are much appreciated.

However, today was no different, the battle continues. Even Trigger's arrival didn't stop Di, our mad landlady lovely landlady from picking on me, a poor defenceless cripple!

When she said to one of the customers,"Hang on Trev, i'll pull it for you when i've pulled his." What did she expect me to do but snigger? Then she belted me again!

Hoh,hum, life in the war zone. Battle will commence tomorrow. I should get a medal for this!

16 comments:

stueykins said...

I don't know how you manage to put up with the constant bombardment John. It's always us innocent ones thet get the punishment.It's so unfair.

Unknown said...

I know, it's for the greater good....isn't it?

Mr Farty said...

When Di pulls a cork out of a wine bottle with her teeth, does she spit or swallow?

Unknown said...

I'm not sure whether to ask her that, Mr. F.

Dumdad said...

Once more unto the breach, john.g, once more!

You're a brave defender of a man's right to say whatever he wants in a pub.

P.S. You got my link wrong although not your fault. A confused friend of mine registered my url by mistake and there it resides doing nothing. Mine is:

http://wwwtheothersideofparis.blogspot.com/

Not that it matters a hoot...

#Debi said...

OK, even I sniggered at that. I begin to think she does it on purpose, to have reason to hit you. If you were pre-teens, I'd think she likes you... :)

Unknown said...

Dumdad, that's what I typed!

Karelian Blonde said...

Poor? Defenceless? Cripple?...I give you that one, but I am sure you can look after your self against the weaker(?!) sex ;)

#Debi said...

re: Dumdad's URL, I'm betting that there should be a "dot" after the "www"...

Georgina said...

It sounds like your landlady likes a good pull! Debs x

wendishness said...

hahaha you're a glutton for punishment ;)

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Another version of the Hatfields and McCoys. :))
Thank you, John!

Pat said...

Up to your antics again. I can't take my eyes off you for two minutes!!!!

Anonymous said...

fight the good fight brave soldier.

greetings gerhard from the restless soul

Jon M said...

No sense of humour these hospitality types! Should have told her to pull the other one while she was at it.

Dumdad said...

john.g,

Cheers for fixing my URL.

#debi,

It would be a good guess but wrong. When I originally started on blogger I didn't know what the hell I was doing (still don't really) and cocked up my URL by forgetting the full point. Never mind, eh?