Wednesday 1 October 2008

Pub news.

I arrived at the pub,on time as usual,to be met by Charlie the barmaid. "Good afternoon",she says with a welcoming smile on her face. Jez wanders in,"Hello, John,hello Gordon," he says with the jovial air of the local landlord.

A little while later Di wandered in, walked up to me,"Hello, lovely," I said,(this is the usual form of address),and she hit me!

"What was that for?", I exclaimed. "Sorry, lovely, it's a habit!"



I am astounded, but will continue my blog in the face of all adversity. I owe it to my readers!

12 comments:

Mr Farty said...

You're such a martyr for us!

Unknown said...

Why, thank you Mr.F!

Dumdad said...

Your bravery just to bring reports from the front (bar) brings a tear to my eye. You're a bloomin' hero and no mistake!

Unknown said...

Thanks Dumdad, one tries ones best dontcha know!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure a couple of pints help Di's beating tolerable.

Karelian Blonde said...

I side with Di, as I sure you deserve few undeserved slaps to cover the ones she has missed ;)

With love of course *LOL*

Mickle in NZ said...

Very kind of Di to provide entertainment for your dear Dad.

wendishness said...

methinks you secretly enjoy a bit of slap and tickle

Brom said...

Blogging from the front line - you hero!

gemmak said...

A trooper indeed! ;o)

sallywrites said...

Ditto my last comment - and somebody else agreed with me too I see....

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Mm-hm, she likes you, John, hatred is akin to love or something like that.