Monday 29 January 2007

Anniversary

How time flies. Seven years ago, on this very date i got squashed by a nasty, very big Ash tree. Was it trying to punish me for having the surname Greenwood instead of deadwood? I think not just crap timing.

Now i carry on with a much harder task than my re-hab ahead of me. I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO USE THIS DAMN COMPUTER PROPERLY !

My computer guru came round to check my memory card (well the computer`s, mines crap anyway). This is for the switch to Microsoft Vista next month. Visit, www.stak.com for some brilliant deals before Jan 31st. Compare with Amazon.

Pub quiet today, which is unusual for a Monday, so nothing daft happened, will keep you posted.

9 comments:

Pat said...

I hope the next seven years get better and easier for you.
Good luck with the computer thingy. My guru seems to have gone AWOL and I can feel problems mounting. My set up is very simple and I dread having to change anything.

zoe said...

how strange - i was thinking of you in the shower this morning and how that incredibly unfortunate accident must have changed your life. it appears that you have accepted it now, and like pat, i hope that the next seven years get easier.

hey, and you've changed you're profile - last time i was here you were 44 and 6 foot something out of your wheelchair. did i miss a birthday ?

oh, and apparently that vista thing is crap - but then some people may like it :)

sallywrites said...

Well they say that things happen in seven year cucles. So here's to a much better next seven for you!!

Sally

Unknown said...

Zed, what`s strange about thinking of me in the shower? You`ve never seen me in the shower!

Pat, thank you , and may your guru return safely.

Sally, thanks, but i`m not sure what cucles are.

Unknown said...

By the way Zed, i listened to the news earlier, and they said Vista is better, and easier to use.

sallywrites said...

It's a modern word for cycles!

zoe said...

john, that's true, i have yet (?) to see you in the shower ....

my teccie gurus are very anti-microsoft, hence the dislike of vista ....

Yaxlich said...

Unless Yaxlich is very much mistaken, John G celebrated his birthday on the 28th. Happy belated birthday.

Yaxlich likes the new look, by the way.

Unknown said...

Thank you Yaxlich `tis much appreciated.