Monday, 17 August 2009

Pub news

horrible wasp

Two people got stung in the pub today. Di, our ever so lovely soaker landlady had an old glass on the bar that had been left outside from last night. Swimming in the dregs was a drunken wasp,(backstroke I think). She poured the contents of the glass into the sink, then put the glass into the glass-washer. Thinking the wasp had gone down the plug-hole she picked up the cloth from the sink and wrang it out. The wasp had crawled inside and it stung her in the palm of her hand!

We proffered genuine advice on how to ease the pain. Suggestions were variable, ranging from.................well, you tell me!

Oh, and the second person to get stung?

















ME!

when I paid my tab!




12 comments:

Beccy said...

Urine?

john.g. said...

Close,Beccy! Someone did offer!

Beccy said...

Vinegar?

john.g. said...

That's what I said!

Beccy said...

Great minds John, great minds!

john.g. said...

Yes indeed,Beccy!

ChrisB said...

Vinegar is what I was taught.

john.g. said...

I was right then Chris!

© Karelian Blonde said...

Sugar cube alledgedly absorbes the poison...?

Elaine said...

I was thinking of something a lot less printable!

wendishness said...

All I can say is OUCH!!

Guyana-Gyal said...

Onion!

I didn't know these wretches were over there too. Here we call 'em 'follow me'. If you disturb them, they follow until they catch you.