Monday 28 January 2008

Cover blown!

Birthday wish

Keith let the cat out of the bag on my last posting. Today is my 46th birthday,(for my present, see picture). He came over for a couple of pints,and met Don,(the poachers dad), and Baz, his best mate. They sat there talking about some French coins Keith had got, and archery (Baz and Keith both shoot longbows), well Keith did, but he's too old now! I watched the news!

I didn't fancy a battering on my birthday from Di, so this is from yesterdays mayhem in the pub. Certain information has come to my attention and I feel duty bound to give you all a good laugh. Bear in mind the grief I am going to get!

Di, our beautiful landlady went into the local town the other day. She parked up, went to the chemist to get some memory pills medicine.On coming out, Di realised she needed to fill the car up with petrol, petrol stationso Di sets off to the petrol station and when she is almost there..........AAHH, the car, I need the car!! She'd walked there!!

Another piece of information miraculously entered my domain. Some time ago, Jez was out in his car, when he broke down. He rang Di up to come and tow him home. Out she came, and Jez roped the two cars together. Off they went.

Wing-mirrors

Now, after driving three and a half miles, Di, our beloved landlady realises that the rope has snapped! Were is Jez? Do wing mirrors/rear-view mirrors spring to mind?

I AM DEAD.

14 comments:

ChrisB said...

Now that's some present!! Sounds like a good day! Happy Birthday x

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BITHDAY!!!!!!!!

Wendy Ascham said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beccy said...

Happy birthday John AND YES YOUR BATTERING WAS WORTH THE LAUGH YOU GAVE ME!

Anonymous said...

Your birthday pressie? Dream on laddie! She'd have you for dinner, and not even notice.

zoe said...

A belated happy birthday, sweetie.

Hugs xxxx

Jayne said...

When Di sees/hears about your post she's going to increase the price of your drinks John! I must admit it sounds like she had a real blonde moment towing the car.....how could she NOT have noticed he wasn't still attached?!
Here's hoping you have a wonderful day :-)

Yaxlich said...

Yaxlich hopes you had a spiffing birthday.

Unknown said...

Thanks all, I think my demise could be tomorrow, or Thursday!

Richard Wintle said...

john.g, dead at 48, how we all shall miss him, etc. etc.

As usual, I am a day late so HAPPY BIRTHDAY YE OL' GET YE!!!!

Or something. Many happy returns of the day after the day. Oh, and your Di stories were priceless... walking to the gas station HA HA AH AH AHA HAHAHAHA HAHAH AH!!!!

Unknown said...

R'puss, thanks!! 48?

Duck said...

Nice present. Don't eat it all at once. Happy birthday

Pat said...

You know I still love you. Even if I did forget your birthday.xoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

Mum2..Aawwww!