Wednesday 30 January 2008

Tagged!

The other day I got tagged by jonm. He asked me to write down six non-important things/habits or quirks about yourself. So here goes.

1: I love the open fields around our village. The disused railway line was always a favourite for making dens, camping and hunting rabbits as kids, and as I got older for walking my Labrador.

2: Now I'm disabled, and can only use one arm, the easiest way for me to read the newspaper is from back to front!

3: I am addicted to the "Bourne Trilogy", as is my father.

4: Can't run anymore. This is great as I hated running when I could!

5:I always do the Daily Telegraph cryptic crossword every morning, after reading the paper backwards!

6:I go to the pub every lunchtime. It's the only time I get to see my mates, and it gives my father some free time to himself.

I wont tag anyone else, but if you wish to take part........

10 comments:

katy said...

I missed your birthday so Happy Belated 46th Birthday, we are now the same age, well just for a month anyway!
Can't do cryptic crosswords, and i cant run either!!

ChrisB said...

You're better than embee he does the Telegraph quick crossword. However he's gloating because he finished both general knowledge crosswords at the weekend!! I might add that I do help him out but I also do the daily mail quick one.

phoenix said...

Happy belated birthday too, you are 10years older than me hahaha.My granny taught me how to do crosswords and she did them every day, said it kept her brain trained, she was sharp as a tack until the ripe old age of 83.:-)

Unknown said...

Phoenix! Where have you been?

Beccy said...

And I thought your daily visits to the pub were to sup a few beers and regale us with tales of Trigger!

phoenix said...

Busy bee john, working,trying to sell my house,and staying out of the office in my house cos it has no heating and is bloody freezing,so I'm sorry but not getting frostbite is more important than blogging :-Dx

Pat said...

I'll think of you John when I - most days - do both cross-words. Sometimes I finish them sometimes I don't.

irreverentmama said...

We're the same age! For another two or three weeks, that is, until I once again reassert my maturity.

I did the meme.

Anonymous said...

Liked your list, John-g. I admire you for managing the cryptic crossword. Perhaps that's why you're getting to grips with html and it's still gobbledygook to me.

Z said...

Having a good excuse not to run is the best thing about a dodgy hip - my excuse isn't as good as yours though, chiz, chiz