Tuesday 26 August 2008

Joke Tuesday! Ouch!

This post is being typed by a very nice nurse from ward 3 in the Leicester General Hospital. Di has read my blog.

She wasn't pleased.

Ouch!

I am dictating through blood spattered gums.





Ok, now the joke,(I did get a good slapping, i'll tell you. Trigger was jealous!)

HELLO?

Hi, honey, this is Daddy, is Mommy near the phone?

No, Daddy, she's upstairs with Uncle Paul.

But honey, you haven't got an Uncle Paul.

Yes I do, and he's upstairs in the room with Mommy.

Okay then, put the phone down on the table, run upstairs and knock on the bedroom door and shout to Mommy that Daddy's car has just pulled onto the driveway.

Okay, Daddy, just a minute.

I did it Daddy.

And what happened, honey?

Well, Mommy got all scared, jumped out of bed with no clothes on and ran around screaming. Then she tripped over the rug, hit her head on the dresser, and now she isn't moving at all!

Oh my God!!! What about Uncle Paul?

He was really scared and jumped out of the back window into the swimming pool. But I guess he didn't know you'd drained it last week to clean it. I think he's dead!



Thanks again to my friend KB for this one!

16 comments:

Dumdad said...

I thought this joke ended something like this:

"Okay, Anne honey, I'll be home soon."

"But my name's not Anne, daddy!"

Unknown said...

A variation on a theme then?

Pat said...

That's a jolly little tale:)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, there is nothing funny about this joke(?), dear JohnG....Or did I miss something?
Like dumdad, I thought it might at least be, "My name isn't Anne, Daddy"....Oh Well. Maybe I'm just not in a funny mood today.

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

I cannot stop laughing! It's as
though he gave her a heads up when he called because he kind of had a feeling? Hilarious!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Petra!

ChrisB said...

Hehehe very good, I have heard a similar one LOL

Anonymous said...

You silly person, you forgot to add the punch line.

Daddy said "Swimming pool? but we haven't got a swimming pool. That is 0289 567432 isn't it?"

Di must have hit you harder than you realised. Still if she hit you on the head you wouldn't feel it would you?

Georgina said...

Maybe I should drain our pool and ping all of the Fuckwits out here into it! DEBS X

Anonymous said...

I am with victor mildew on that one, i also know it with this ending, well you are excused this week for rehashing OLD jokes,seeing that u got the trashing you deserved from Di, but I expect better next week!!:P :P

Anonymous said...

lol, yep prefer it with the punch line!!
hope the bruises heal soon!!!!!!!

Brom said...

Looks like you truncated it, or should that be swimming truncated.

I'll get my Speedo's...

wendishness said...

hahaha great joke! sorry about all the bruising!

(gcgal btw)

Unknown said...

Hi, gcgal/ wendy!

wendishness said...

told you I'd find you ;)

Unknown said...

Glad you did, and I hope you will laugh a lot!