Friday 6 April 2007

Animal Welfare.

I am all for animal welfare, apart from the ones my mates shoot, and i then eat, but that isn't a "welfare" issue. I have always owned dogs, until 6 years ago, when i had my last black Labrador put down (cancer). I love animals, apart from cats.

I wanted to draw your attention to a letter in todays D.T.

The new Animal Welfare bill that comes into effect today.

"All pets must have a controlled diet, so as not to become obese. All pets must have adequate exercise and be properly housed, so as not to cause distress or suffering. Failure to comply will be met with a heavy fine and/or imprisonment".

When are this poxy Government going to to bring out the same legislation for humans ?

4 comments:

Pat said...

Well said John. Happy Easter to you and your Dad!

Unknown said...

Thanks Pat, greetings returned.

Anonymous said...

!

Unknown said...

Thanks for that remarkable comment, anonymous, that really stirred the imagination.