Sunday 20 July 2008

Pub news.

Fight on!

This is brilliant! We had a great time this lunchtime.

Keith came in with Max so he could be introduced to Nikkis' dog, Monty. At first, Monty, weighing in at 4 months old, was a bit grumbly towards Max, weighing in at 7 weeks old, so we decided to have a dog-fight on the table! I had a tenner on the big fella.




The victor

The victor fell asleep after his exersions on the lap of another victor(meldrew)!













A well earned beer!

The vanquished has a well earned pint!!













All mates again!

All friends again. Even Di got in on the act!

Keith, Di and Charlie with the fighters.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a laugh !! Love those dogs. I should bring me horrible old jackie ...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karelian Blonde said...

JUST TOO CUTE! *LOL*

Pat said...

I can see Victor Meldrew becoming Mr Sweetness and Light before my very eyes.

Anonymous said...

I must point out that Max and Monty were only PLAY-FIGHTING. They are the best of friends.

I thought I had better mention this before somebody thought we were organising dogfights to the bitter end and snitched to the RSPCA!

Next week, organised cock-fighting in the yard at the back!

Anonymous said...

Span Goth - I wanted to call my pup
Hercules and buy him a collar with big spikes on it, but I was shouted down. If Max had been a bitch I would have called her Cynthia.

ChrisB said...

They are certainly a couple of cute little fellows :)

Dumdad said...

You ought to start bear baiting - that should pull in the punters.

Anonymous said...

dumdad - Use John as the "bait"?

Hmm. . .it's a thought. I'll put it to the committee.

Brom said...

Play fighting or not, that first pic is a corker.

Anonymous said...

just awwww;) more of the same please and Pi you are right about the grumpy lad :) he looks already less grumpy than on any other pic before! :-D

Unknown said...

Goth, the Poacher has always wanted a pet Hyena!

zoe said...

Pat - you got there first, that was exactly what I was thinking!

Unknown said...

Hi, Zed!

#Debi said...

He's a cutie--and his little dog, too!

;)

Unknown said...

Oh now that is adorable!!!

Unknown said...

Hi, (.)(.), welcome to madness!!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

What adorable doggies! Very cute pictures, John....You all have a loy of fun at The Pub! Oh how I wish I could come visit!