Friday 7 March 2008

Pub news.

smoking shelter

Di and Jez have had two smoking shelters, both destroyed by the gales of recent weeks. It doesn't seem fair. They are trying to make life a little more comfortable for the smokers (I'm 8 months free now! WOOT!), but nature conspires against them. Jez has now decided, that with the onset of (hopefully) warmer weather, ie, the summer, they can do without until a brick shelter can be built.





pedigreeOnto todays issues.


After the customary greetings from Di, "Hello lovely!"


Me: "Hello, lovely!" I ordered my pint of pedigree.

It came with a bit of a 'lame' head on it, and as I was drinking it , it went a bit flat.

On ordering my next pint I asked Di to give the pint a good first pull, let it settle, then gently top it up.

"You like a good head then?". said Di. I looked at her rather incredulously. "Oh, shit, I didn't mean that!"

Bless her!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lost that bit of paper did you?

(_!_)

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't think you need to order your pint, Di would have it ready for you when she heard the squeaking of your wheels and the clatter of all the loose bits on your chariot coming from outside!

Anonymous said...

heh heh - Di had better watch her tongue!

Richard Wintle said...

*giggles*

karmyn r wins "best blog comment in recent memory" I think...

Anonymous said...

Good idea to build a brick shelter if you're in the path of the next lot of heavy winds. Aren't you glad you gave up smoking?

Pat said...

My elder son is an old fuss- pot about his pint too:)