Saturday 1 September 2007

Amazingly simple home remedies.

I don't usually like back to back posts, as once people have read the original they rarely return. But Keith didn't tell me he was going to post here, although he has my full permission to. A good post it was too! So, this is to check my theory.

1. If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat, and presto, the blockage will be instantly removed.

2. Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself whilst slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them whilst you chop away.

3. For those of you with high blood pressure,simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes. Don't forget a timer!

4. Avoid arguements with the wife about lifting the toilet seat by using the sink.

5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

6. If you have a bad cough, take laxatives. Then, you will be afraid to cough!

7. Have toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will forget the toothache.

Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:

You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct tape.
If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.
If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct tape.

Remember:

1. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
2. Never pass up the chance to go to the bathroom.
3. If you woke up, congratulations: you get a second chance.
4. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends: you never know when you might need them to empty your bed pan!!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Everyone seems normal until you get to know them". Well you've certainly proved that haven't you? They do say that the "Merrie Monk" has never been the same since we went in there!

Yes, it will be interesting to see if people do comment on old posts. I always do. That way you can say naughty things about them because nobody ever goes back to read them.


(_E=mc2_)

Unknown said...

Err, thanks, I think!

Anonymous said...

Yor grasp of the inglish langwage seems to b improving, or did yor dad rite it four yew?

Z said...

Regarding 3, a friend of mine confessed the other day that she makes her appointment to have her blood pressure checked a week or so after her blood donor session.

I have you on Bloglines, so I'll turn up whenever there's a post.

Unknown said...

z. xx

Anonymous said...

I woke up and there is another chance... phew!

Jon M said...

I tried using the sink John but then had to use the wife's toothbrush to poke the lumpy bits down the plug...I don't think she noticed though ;-)

Anonymous said...

All true - especially the WD-40 and Duct Tape.

My brother-in-law decided he liked me the day I came to visit and broke my glasses....the screw fell out so I asked him for some duct tape to use until I could get my glasses in for repair. He was quite impressed.

ChrisB said...

Glad to see you and Keith are using the signs the pair of you are (_!_) es. I mostly go back cause everyones comments are often as good as the post.

irreverentmama said...

I tend to forget about blogging for days at a time, then have to race around catching up - so I'm forever commenting on two or three posts in a row. As you've undoubtedly noticed by now...

RUTH said...

LOL John. I must print these out and put on my First Aid Box for future reference :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks all, as usual, your comments are precious!

Anji said...

Thanks for the advice. Reminds me of the time my ex bro in law asked my brother to hold the goose's neck while he took an axe to it!

Anonymous said...

Girlpants has iust used this post as a justification of gaffer taping his slippers together for the last four years.

But if he tries anything in the sink then he's out with the cats!

Shaz said...

OMG No 2 & 5 were made for me!

Pat said...

Just catching up. Night hon!

headless chicken said...

What is it about men and duct tape?!!...I don't get it. Is it 'cos I'm a girl?

headless chicken said...

Btw John, My son Jake is a bit down in the dumps, needs cheering up....do me a favour and comment on his post for me? X

Pontillius said...

HC~ Can't find Jakes page to comment. Whats the address?

JG~ Like the post. I've seen that somewhere before. Oh yes, it was on my old weblog, now deleted, about two years ago.

Anonymous said...

Yes, duct tape and WD40 - Bear's constant standbys, but he also uses drawing pins and elastic bands.

Duck said...

So does that mean we should use WD40 on our midfielders to get them to move into the box?

Until Saha came on on Saturday we had no-one going forward. I'll send your tips to Mr Ferguson.

BTW, went straight from the airport to the game on Saturday leaving Mr Duck with Little Ducks and luggage to deal with! Was nice to get in a taxi and say 'I've just flown in from Italy for the match'.

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

"Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:

You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct tape.
If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.
If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct tape."

this is perfect! This should solve all my DIY problems. Thank you for giving me hope Jon! xx

Unknown said...

I am glad to have been of assistance!

meredic said...

All very amusing except No4.... I mean where's the harm in that.... ? eh?
Plus of course I feel we should be campaining to make women leave the lid up!

Anonymous said...

YAXLICH'S BACK!
YAXLICH'S BACK!
YAXLICH'S BACK!
YAXLICH'S BACK!
YAXLICH'S BACK!

Anonymous said...

Alright. I heard you the first time! No need to shout!

(_?_)

Unknown said...

I know, he e-mailed me earlier!

Anonymous said...

KOOL!

Beccy said...

No way is my hubby seeing number 4 because he would use the sink!

Unknown said...

Beccy, LMAO!!!