Monday 7 May 2007

Conundrum

Ok, you lot, let's see your smarter side for once (ducks). As I type I do not know the answer.

A man is sitting in a pub feeling rather poor. He sees the man next to him pull a wad of £50 notes out of his pocket. He turns to the rich man and says, "I have an amazing talent: I know almost every song that has ever existed." The rich man laughs. The poor man says, "I am willing to bet you all the money in your pocket that I can sing a song with a lady's name of your choice in it." The rich man laughs again and says, "Ok, how about my daughters name, Joanna Armstrong-Miller." The rich man goes home poor, the poor man goes home rich. What song did he sing?

17 comments:

Salvadore Vincent said...

Perhaps it was a song she would normally only hear on a certain day?

Unknown said...

But what song?

Salvadore Vincent said...

Think of a song that people would only sing to you on one particular day each year.

Unknown said...

Ta, pfft.!!

Beccy said...

Happy Birthday to you...

How small do you feel now John?

Unknown said...

Tiny, shrinks away.

Anonymous said...

The poor mans singing was so appalling that the rich man said "For f**ks sake, take the money and shut up and go away!"

That's why the rich man goes home poor, and the poor man goes home rich. Right?

Unknown said...

Frank, close.

Anonymous said...

Erm, pass. What would Trigger answer? Have you asked him?

zoe said...

i think salvadore's got it.

Anonymous said...

Whadda Joanna Make Those Eyes At Me For?

Technically, the rich man had taken the wad of notes out of his pocket, so all the money now in his pocket would exclude the wad of £50s in his hand. So it doesn't work.

ChrisB said...

good one john I have heard it before, what a 'smart ass' daughter I have

Drama Queen said...

Ha ha Happy birthday!!!

Very good and I wasn't clever enough to get it before I dived into the comments.

*doh*

Unknown said...

Thank you all, I am sooooo thick!

sallywrites said...

Excellent!!

Beccy said...

I can't believe my mother called me smart arse!

Unknown said...

I can Beccy!