Thursday 26 July 2007

It's an AUSSIE thing!

An Australian ventriloquist visiting New Zealand walks into a small town and sees a local sitting on his porch patting his dog. He figures he'll have a little fun.Ventriloquist: "G'day bloke! Good looking dog, mate. Mind if I speak to him?"Kiwi: "The dog doesn't talk, you stupid Aussie."Ventriloquist: "Hey dog, how's it going old mate?"Dog: "Doin' alright."The Kiwi gets a look of extreme shock on his face.Ventriloquist: "Is this Kiwi your owner?", pointing at the Kiwi.Dog: "Yep."Ventriloquist: "How does he treat you?"Dog: "Real good. He walks me twice a day, feeds me great food, and takes me to the lake once a week to play."The Kiwis expression of disbelief doesn't change.Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your horse?"Kiwi: "Uh, the horse doesn't talk either...I think."Ventriloquist: "Hey horse, how's it going?"Horse: "Cool."The Kiwi gets even more shocked.Ventriloquist: "Is this your owner?"Horse: "Yep."Ventriloquist: "How's he treat you?"Horse: "Pretty good, thanks for asking. He rides me regularly, brushes me down often, and keeps me in the barn to protect me from the elements."Now the Kiwi has a look of total amazement on his face.Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your sheep?"To which the Kiwi replied, "The sheep's a liar."

11 comments:

Jon M said...

Baaaaah! Should've seen that one coming!
Nice one John!

Pat said...

I preferred the washcloth!

Beccy said...

I never see them coming but then they make me laugh all the more.

ChrisB said...

I'm with pi laughed more at the washcloth!!

Babs said...

Haaaaaaaaaaa!!

martin said...

Yes the 'washcloth' was nice and up to your very high standard, this however was a little predictable and lacked a certain spark that all jokes need....
When can Wendy and I visit you and Keith ?.

Unknown said...

Martin, whenever you like. Keith usually turns up Tuesday and Thursday lunch, around 1.30. But I,m in there before then!!

martin said...

Well Wendy will be here in September so we will make a plan and come up and see you.
Where is it ?.

Unknown said...

38, Station Road, Dunton Bassett, Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
The Merrie Monk.

Shaz said...

I'm trying not to laugh out loud or Andy may well give me a slap as hard as Di wacks Trigger!

la bellina mammina said...

Thanks for visiting! Any joke on a Monday morning for me is alrite!