Wednesday 25 July 2007

The Washcloth!

This came through today, and for all my lady readers, this is for you. There is not a woman alive today who wont crack up over this! Typed as received. (The tense of the text has been pointed out, and it's NOT me!)


I was due for an appointment with the gynaecologist later in the week.
Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been re-scheduled for that morning at 9.30am.

I had only just packed everyone off to work/school and was running close.

As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I didn't have time to make the full effort.

So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pyjamas, wet the washcloth next to the sink, and washed the area in question. I threw the washcloth in the laundry basket, dressed, hopped in the car and raced off.

Once in the examination room, knowing the procedure, I hopped on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort this morning. haven't we? I didn't respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home.

After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, "Mommy, where's my washcloth?"

I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, "No, I need that one that was by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved in it."

Never going to that doctor again. EVER !

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er... I think you had better redo or modify that post John, it reads as if YOU went to the Gyno-thingy-fellow! I know you are a lot of things, but NOT a big girl!

Unknown said...

I think the majority of my fellow bloggers might suss it from the first sentence!

Unknown said...

Anonymous, whilst not saying my learned readership are thick, perhaps you're right. It has been done!

Pat said...

That made me LOL especially as the wedding tables at the week-end were splattered with purple sequins and they have got everywhere! We'll be shedding them for days.

Karelian Blonde said...

Shining and glittering example of the female glamour ;)

Unknown said...

Pat, lol!

KB, usual wit, as ever!

Unknown said...

Pat, lol!

KB, usual wit, as ever!

Unknown said...

Twice? Why twice?

Anonymous said...

This is an "oldie" - but a very good one!!!!

Unknown said...

Karmyn r, it's a good one!

headless chicken said...

This is very funny...I can imagine it happening as I'm always in a rush and Artist loves all that glittery girly bath stuff!

la bellina mammina said...

Came over from Beccy - that's hilarious - love the jokes!

Jon M said...

Most amusing, your humour glitters as ever!

Drama Queen said...

Haha so funny. Reminds me a story of my friend (I swear not me) who used toilet roll for the same thing. . .leaving nice white balls for her new Boyfriend to freak out over. . .!!!

Unknown said...

HC, I hope it never happens!

La bellina, welcome! Glad you enjoyed. Will visit you soon!

Jon m, Ta.

DQ, LOL !!

Shaz said...

Lol . . . makes the phrase "shiny smile" all the funnier x x x

Unknown said...

Shaz, LOL!!

Beccy said...

Heard this before, was it from you?

Unknown said...

I may have e-mailed it to you.

y.Wendy.y said...

This one made me guffaw - really really laugh out loud...

ChrisB said...

Good one says she giggling!!

Unknown said...

I suppose you relate to this. It must be awful. All we males have to do is give the nuts a squeeze now and then!