Sunday 1 July 2007

No smoking.

Today was the start of nanny states no smoking in enclosed public places. The pub was as busy as usual. and as one might expect the conversation centred around the lack of ashtrays. I went throgh the lunch session without sneaking out for a cig. It was fairly easy because I had a lot of friends in to keep the conversation going thus keeping my mind busy. The big test will be tomorrow, when it will be quieter.
I intend to keep my appointment on Thursday, just to make sure.
My friend's (who was hypnotised 6 months ago) girlfriend went to the same hypnotist last Wednesday, and she hasn't wanted a cig since. If she can stop, I'll have no trouble!

16 comments:

headless chicken said...

Sounds like you will be fine John.
If you feel yourself weakening a bit tomorrow just think....only a few more days before you wont want a smoke anymore. Freedom!!!
What made me give up was realising that my mind was often preoccupied with thinking about my next smoke and it really started to annoy me that it seemed to be a priority.
Good luck....you can do it!!!:)

Unknown said...

HC, thank you for your support, it is much appreciated!

phoenix said...

My friend was hypnotised over a year ago and she was a heavy smoker. Hasn't touched or wanted a ciggy since. The ban will make it even easier for you as the tempation will not be constantly around you. good luck not that you'll need it.:-)

Anonymous said...

You can do it!!!!!!

Drama Queen said...

Best of luck!!!!

Unknown said...

You're dead right the ban will be doing you a big favour and decreasing the chances of falling off. But don't forget if you do slip, it's not the end of the world. Just try again and have faith in yourself! I reckon you'll be just fine and dandy.

Beccy said...

Way to go Johen...we all have great faith in you!

Unknown said...

Thank you all, success again today. Although I did sneak one when I got home! Come Thursday I will have cracked it.

Pat said...

What stopped me was going to light one when I already had one in my mouth. I blame Paul Henreid!

Unknown said...

Pat, lol!

Jon M said...

You won't regret it! Honest!

Unknown said...

I know jon m , and I WILL DO IT!

Karelian Blonde said...

Way to go! Keep it up and after Thursday it will get better. Trust me, I'm a...errr...blonde ;)

Unknown said...

KB, xx

Anonymous said...

All power to your elbow. Give up the cigs and you'll have more to spend on beer!

Unknown said...

Sablonneuse, the fiscal benefits have been taken into account!