Saturday 7 July 2007

Pub laugh.

Trigger doesn't like the smoking ban. (I' m not keen myself). He can't get over the fact that I had a hypnotist help me to stop. No one can do that. Did she wave the coin thing in front of your eyes? "You are under my spell".
I treated all his comments with my usual decorum, until an hour later. "I'm nipping out for a fag, you coming Ironsides?"

"No, thanks, I don't smoke Trigger.!

Aaah, those words!

"You mean you ACTUALLY did that hypnothera..thingy? And it worked?"

"Yes, Trigger, it worked. Just as I'd finished laughing at Trigger a bloke I'd rang earlier came in and gave me £90.00. Nice.

Trigger wanted to know why I was smiling, as I'd just sold my last 600 cigs for £30 a sleeve, and the buyer would sell them for more.

"Trigger, I only paid £15 a sleeve. Cheers!"

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this the real Trigger? Roy Rogers' horse? Or thingy who props the bar up?

Unknown said...

Keith, you know who!!

Unknown said...

Good on ya mate - really chuffed for you! The food thing is because everything tastes so damn good. It passes.

Unknown said...

Cailleach, xx

Anonymous said...

45 quid profit? Drinks all round? Mine's a red wine please. I'm on my way.
Seriously though, I'm raising a glass to your success.

Jon M said...

Wheeler dealer, I never made a profit out of my left over cigs...I smoked them all before going to the hypnowhatsit! Well done John!

Unknown said...

Jon m, I got the timing to perfection. An hour before we left . I had the last one in the packet!

headless chicken said...

Brilliant John!!....big smiles:)

Pat said...

John if you are really Ironsides there has to be a phone call for you - where ever you are. I watched the programme!

Babs said...

Wish I'd thought of a hypnowhatsit when I quit in April. I did it the old fashioned way, cold bloody turkey. Gah!! Still not smoking, though. Yay!!

Glad it's working for you. If it's this easy for you now, it'll be a cinch after few months time.

Unknown said...

HC, it's a doddle!

Pat, the shit I get in this pub.....

Babs, well done girl! The hard way, I'm proud of you!!

ChrisB said...

This sounds the way to do it. By the way I'm rather partial to a glass of bubbly if you're buying!!

Beccy said...

Non smoker making a tidy profit...good for you!

irreverentmama said...

When my mum quit, she used the patch - and it was much harder than what you seem to be experiencing. Well done! And good thinking to use the old cigarettes to reward your new-found virtue. Make mine a sangria - it IS summer, after all!

Unknown said...

A vitual round to you all! Apart from Keith, who will cost me a fortune as usual!

sallywrites said...

Great profit!